Sunday 3 February 2013

On Relaxing

As I was taking my bath yesterday morning (for the record, I am not one of those mother's who has time for a leisurely bath, it's just that our shower head is broken and the replacement piece hasn't arrived yet)

Me- lying back in the bath as it is running and closing my eyes for a second
Max (running into the bathroom, grabbing his toy cups and starting to fill them up and dump water out of them and around me): "Mommy, are you relaxing?"
Me (thinking "yes, and this isn't helping"): "Yes, Max, I am"
Max: "That sounds like a good idea Mommy. I'm just going to play in that bath water"
Me: "Fine Max, just don't get any on the floor, keep it all in the bath"
Max: 'Ok Mommy"
(This then went on for the entire duration of my bath, with my trying to bathe in between Max filling cups of water and dumping them in whatever helter-skelter manner he saw fit)
Max (at the end of my bath as I was pulling the plug): "Thank you Mommy, I had a great time playing with you!"
Me (powerless to resist his sweet innocence): "Me too Max. Thank you for making my bath fun"

No comments:

Post a Comment