Saturday 5 January 2013

On his First Day Skiing

On the highway up north to the hill, we suddenly had to slow way down:

Max: "Why did we just stop Mommy? Is it because of an accident?"
Me: "That's what I'm thinking as well Max, but we'll have to wait and see"
(several minutes later, we do indeed see many police cars and a tow truck off to the side)
Me: "Look Max, it was an accident that caused us to slow down and be in traffic"
Max: "So then I was right!"
________________________________________________________________________________

A little further down the road, as we start to approach mountains:

Max: "Is that the mountain that I will be skiing on?"
Me: "No Max, it's not the one, I'll point it out as soon as I see the one you will be skiing on"
Max: "Yeah because that mountain is too big, it's for big boys only"
_________________________________________________________________________________

Once we got to the ski hill I decided we would wait in the car for a little while so that my baby daughter could finish her nap and Max could have his snack:

Max: "I want to sit in front Mommy"
Me: "Ok fine, come sit on the passenger side"
Max (after a couple of minutes of that): "I want to sit on your lap on the driver's side"
Me: "Ok fine, come sit on my lap"
Max (once he was on my lap): "Ok, let's drive Mommy"
Me: "Max I can't drive with you sitting on me!"
Max: "Yes, I'm a good driver!"
Me: "No, Max, we really cannot"
Max: "Why? Because there are police around?"
Me: "Yes, that's why, I could get in a lot of trouble if I let you drive- you're only 3!"

No comments:

Post a Comment