Friday 28 December 2012

Stupid Stuff my Husband Does and Says

I would like to preface this section by saying that it is entirely my husband's idea that I start blogging all of the stupid sh*t he does and says. After a particularly funny episode (to be described below) my husband asked me if I had already blogged and/or tweeted about it, to which I responded that I only blog about funny things our three-year old does and says. His reaction to that? To respond that I would get many more views on my blog if I did write about the funny things he does and says. So, with his blessing and pretty much carte blanche to write about his doings to my heart's content, here goes!
________________________________________________________________________________

My husband and I have a division of labour; he tends to our son's nighttime routine (bath, snack, story, bed) and I tend to our six-month old daughter's (bath, feed, bed). Because I am home on maternity leave right now, however, it is often I who tend to our son's morning routine (breakfast, dress, out-the-door).

I should also mention that our son has been completely toilet trained since age 2, with the excepton of nighttime as he is a kid who likes to drink a lot of water, so we put a pull-up on him for overnight only.
Yesterday morning, after my husband had left for work and I was helping Max dress for the day, here is what I discovered:

Me: "What the heck...Max, you're wearing a diaper!"
Max: ???? (no real response)
Me (calling my husband): "Pat, you put one of Brooklyn's overnight diapers on Max last night, instead of one of his pull-ups, did you not realize??"
Pat: "I thought it was a bit weird, and Max even had to help me put it on as it kept popping off..."
(At which point we are both laughing uncontrollably)
Pat: "Oh no, have you already blogged and tweeted about this?"

...and you all know the rest; no I hadn't, but now I have and will continue to do so whenever my beloved does such ridiculous/funny/stupid stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment